Why Choose IBT Resin?
3D printed indirect bonding trays printed in IBT Resin reduce chair time and increase patient comfort by placing all of the brackets or entire quadrants at once.
Ease of use and comfort
Soft, flexible 3D printed appliances are easy to work with and comfortable for the patient.
Optimized tear strength
Easy to remove from the mouth without moving brackets for accurate placement with less room for error.
Better clinical visualization
Translucency allows for initial light-curing of all the brackets in one step, and yellow tint allows for higher contrast of brackets for better clinical visualization.
Automated Form Wash and Form Cure make rinsing and curing easy, with no need for glycerin or nitrogen post-curing.
Comparison: Traditional Bracket Placement & IBT Resin
Traditional Bracket Placement
● Brackets must be placed individually
● Orthodontist can be involved in many steps of the process
● Plan case using stone models, pen and paper
● Storage and mailing of physical models
Indirect Bonding Tray Bracket Placement
● Place all brackets in a single shot
● Assistants or laboratory can complete some steps to save orthodontist time
● Efficient, flexible digital workflow and case planning
● Easy to communicate, store, and send digital files
The Digital Workflow With IBT Resin
Scan the patient’s anatomy using a 3D intraoral scanner and X-ray or sometimes CBCT.
2. Plan & Design
Plan the case using your software of choice.
Set up the file and 3D print the indirect bonding tray. Rinse and post-cure according to instructions in the application guide.
Appliance setup can be done by an assistant before appointment.
Brackets can be placed in one shot by the orthodontist, cutting patient chair time in half.