Elastic 50A Resin Description
Whether you’re optimizing your manufacturing process, rapidly iterating through designs, or assessing form, fit, and function, Formlabs Engineering Resins are formulated to withstand extensive testing and perform under stress.
Our softest Engineering Resin, this 50A Shore durometer material is suitable for prototyping parts normally produced with silicone. Choose Elastic 50A Resin for parts that will bend, stretch, compress, and hold up to repeated cycles without tearing, and spring back quickly to their original shape.
The “50A” in the name represents the material’s Shore durometer. If you need a more stiff flexible material, try Flexible 80A Resin.
- Available for Form 3, Form 3B, Form 2.
- Supports print resolutions: 100 microns.
- Post-curing required.
- Requires Resin Tank LT for Form 2.
- Requires Form 3 Resin Tank V2 for Form 3/3B.
- Elastic Resin decreases the lifetime of resin tanks. Read more about Resin Tank LT lifetime and Form 3 Resin Tank lifetime.
- Notice: Form 3 Resin Tank V1 is incompatible with Rigid, Grey Pro, Elastic, and Tough 2000 Resins. There are two versions of the Form 3 Resin Tank: Tank V1 and Tank V2. Read more about tank versions, lifetime, and maintenance in our support article.
- Elastic 50A Resin